Cultivating connection, purpose, and growth.
I am a person in long-term recovery from a terminal-stage addiction. My addiction brought me to several detox facilities and residential treatment centres. I was a lost individual with distorted views of myself and the world around me which perpetuated a lifestyle void of hope, connection, trust, or joy. Recovery has provided me a new life free from active addiction in which I have embraced love and acceptance, become a father to three children, and pursued a career serving individuals who have experiences similar to my own. I bring experience from the entire continuum of addiction treatment: serving as an Addictions Counsellor within prestigious residential treatment centres throughout BC; I continue to serve as an Addictions Counsellor and Group Facilitator within renowned local intensive outpatient programs; I have functioned in outreach, harm reduction, and shelter agencies on the front lines of addiction, and I have worked with youths in residential settings who struggled with addiction related issues.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from Thompson Rivers University
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from Dalhousie University
- Canadian Certified Addictions Counsellor (CCAC) with the CACCF
- Addictions Careworker Diploma from McMaster University
- Registered Social Worker (RSW) with the BCCSW
Trusted. Confidential. Empowering.
Madrona operates from a healing centred lens which emphasizes healing, strengths, and solutions rather than emphasizing the problem. We employ several therapeutic approaches including:
- Healing Centred Engagement
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural therapy (DBT)
- Strengths Based Approach
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Holistic Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Couples/Family Therapy
- Group Therapy